X1 Warm hat.
X1 sunglasses X1 yellow glasses.
X1 ear protection.
X1 warm shooting jacket allowing free movement.
X1 micro fleece.
X1 warm shooting trousers baggy.
X3 warm thick shooting socks.
X1 waterproof boots with internal boot and thermal soul.
X1 thermals and long johns.
X1 thin shooting gloves.
X 2 hand warmers battery powered not petrol (wild boar can smell these)
X1 battery heated socks.
X1 gun or rifle.
X1 gun slip.
X1 comfortable shooting seat that can easily be carried.
X1 orange and black camouflage gilet.
Accommodation will be a traditional French estate lodge
Airport transfers return to estate lodge.
Additional charge agreed before trip departure.
Local foods and wines provided with evening meal.
Full English or continental breakfast served from 7 AM
Packed lunch for midday meal.
Estate lodge will include all meals within their price, others will require payment for all meals separately via a tab along with drinks.
Notes on the diseases mentioned above
- Hepatitis A: spread through consuming contaminated food and water or person to person through the faecal-oral route.
Risk is higher where personal hygiene and sanitation is poor.
Risk is highest for those with underlying medical conditions where there is increased risk of severe disease e.g. chronic liver/kidney disease; haemophiliacs; men who have sex with men; people who inject drugs.
- Hepatitis B: spread through infected blood and blood products, contaminated needles and medical instruments and sexual intercourse.
Risk is higher for long stays, frequent travel and for children (exposed through cuts and scratches), those who may require medical treatment during travel.
Risk is highest for those with underlying medical conditions where there is increased risk of severe disease e.g. chronic liver/kidney disease; haemophiliacs; men who have sex with men; people who change partners frequently; people who inject drugs.
- Tetanus: spread through contamination of cuts, burns and wounds with tetanus spores. Spores are found in soil worldwide. A total of 5 doses of tetanus vaccine are recommended for life in the UK. Boosters are usually recommended in a country or situation where the correct treatment of an injury may not be readily available.
- Tick-borne Encephalitis: spread mainly through tick bites. Risk is higher during the warmer months between spring to autumn. Spending long periods of time outdoors in forests or rural areas whilst undertaking outdoor activities such as camping, rambling or mountain biking increases your risk. For most travellers the risk is extremely small and can be avoided through prevention of tick bites.
- Malaria not normally present unless the illness was contracted abroad.
Other Health Risks
Altitude and Travel
This country has either areas with high altitude (2400m or more) or/and areas with very high altitude (3658m or more). Travellers who may go into areas of high altitude should take care to avoid ill effects of being at altitude including Acute Mountain Sickness, a potentially life-threatening condition. For further information see Altitude and Travel.
There is a risk of exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19) in this country.
Please be aware that the risk of COVID-19 in this country may change at short notice and also consider your risk of exposure in any transit countries and from travelling itself.
- The ‘News’ section on this page will advise if significant case increases or outbreaks have occurred in this country.
Prior to travel, you should:
- Check the latest government guidance on the FCDO Foreign travel advice and country specific pages for travel to this country and the rules for entering the UK on return.
- Ensure you are up to date with UK recommendations on COVID-19 vaccination.
- Check if you are at increased risk of severe COVID-19.
- You can check this in the FAQ’s.
- If you are at increased risk of severe COVID-19 you should carefully consider your travel plans and consider seeking medical advice prior to making any decisions.
For further information, see Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and COVID-19: Health Considerations for Travel pages.
Hire an estate rifle with ammunition.
Take your own shot gun over and under or semiauto and buy solid slugs for your standard shot gun maximum choking for the gun cannot exceed half choke.
Take your own rifle and ammunition on the plane with you.